The LineGrip G5 developed by Andy Riedrich is available through SLACKTIVITY in «Black Edition».The new G5 model (previously know as the LineGrip G4 AL) has been made way lighter than the previous version. It’s now only 25gr heavier than the HighlineGrip G2. Therefore the HighLineGrip G2 is discontinued.
Its function is to grasp the slackline. It is required for the following applications:
- For the Hangover-Pulley; to pull the webbing through the seaHorse (weblock or linelocker)
- For the rope pulley to remove the tension from the system (the advantage of this is that there is less weight in the slackline system and several slacklines can be tensioned with the same system).
- For the rope pulley, to tension with a less static tension (the rope pulley can be used multiple times)
Approved Webbing Materials for LineGrip G5
This lineGrip, equipped with Type-3 rubber coating, has been tested with and approved for simple, uncoated tubular and flat webbing made of: – Polyester (PES) – Polyamid (PAD, Nylon(R)) “Threaded tubular” and stacked flat webbing, as well as webbing consisting of “high tech” fibers such as Dyneema and Spectra, can be tensioned/rigged with the lineGrip to a limited extent only, and is therefore excluded specifically.
- LineGrip G5 – 15kN WLL, colour: Black
- LineGrip-Shell (protection & cooling)
- English instruction manual
- 2x Spare lineGrip safety caps
- Maximum Working Load (MWL): 15 kN (3400 lbf)
- Common Slipping Threshold (CST): ~ 25 kN (~ 5600 lbf)
- Minimum Breaking Strength (MBS): 45 kN (10000 lbf)
- Permitted operating temperature: -10° to +40° C (15° to 105° F)
- Approved webbing width: 24 – 26 mm (0.95 – 1.05“)
- Approved webbing thickness: 1 – 5 mm (0.04 – 0.2“)
- Weight (excl. Shell): 418g (14.75 oz)
- Measure L x H x W (when open): 160 x 85 x 47 mm
- Material body & clamping plates: Aluminum AW7075-T651
- Material load transfer bolts: 10 mm high grade steel AISI 303
- Material rubber plates: LG Type-3 rubber on AL carrier plate