3rd generation LineScale is a giant leap forward, not only for LineScale, but for the entire “all-in-one” dynamometers. It is FAST: 1280Hz, SAFE: 10kN PPE rated, and SMART: comes with memory to store logs on-board.
This device is milled out of one solid block of high-tensile aviation aluminum (LY12CZ), giving it a whopping 90kN MBS. In terms of safety this is the best deal you can get. Theres no bolts, screws, rings, pistons or joints that could possibly fail… this is the security of mind you need when leaving the scale in the highline rig while walking it! And because it is so safe, we have it PPE rated so even industrial professionals can use it in their everyday work.
The lineScale-3, with its 90kN MBS, is perfectly suited as a bomber, generously dimensioned, nicely organized anchor/distribution point for your highline or rope-access rig. The large omnidirectional, cross-load proof eyelets can easily accommodate 6-8 strands of 10mm rope from your equalizing anchors, which makes multi connector management an ease.
The lineScale works by the priciple of material micro deformation: Wikipedia – Strain Gauge
The displayed unit (kg, lb, kN) and the auto power off time can easily be selected and saved as preset by the user. You can also define at which speed the logs will be stored to onboard memory (capacity for 2 million data points), which gives you 50 hours of log time @ 10 Hz and 25 minutes of log time @ 1280 Hz.
The LineScale-3 has two operation modes:
1. NET mode, which always shows the true, real load, independent of any potentially set zero (or tare) points.
2. ZERO mode, which shows the offset from the defined “zero” (or tare) load value.
High Tech Power Management
The LineScale will auto power off if no load change is registered for the preset shutoff interval. It was essential for us to assure that the scale does NOT calibrate its sensors to 0 when powered on. Instead it immediately shows the current true load (when in NET mode). This enables you to power on and off manually anytime when you need a load reading. This saves an enormous amount of power and makes your scale go for months without having to recharge.
Additionally the LS3 is equipped with a “display off” function, which blanks the OLED display after a defined time to extend battery life to the max. while the LineScale is running all jobs in the background. Onboard logging, Bluetooth connections, etc. are not interrupted and you can check the display anytime by the press of any button.
The LS3 has a low battery warning indicator, but additionally it also displays the voltage reading of the battery pack when powering on, so you can recharge in time. The lineScale also has a low power emergency operation mode that ensures your batteries are not drained without you noticing. When power is in the critical range it will automatically power off after 3 minutes in any case to save power.
The 24Bit pro AD-Converter with dual strain gauge configuration has a resolution of 1kg with a measuring error of ±0.5% (inside the “sweet spot” area of 300kg – 1500kg / 3kN – 15kN, which is 10-50% of maximum load). Please note: Below the “sweet spot” area the measuring error might be up to 2%, especially under 100kg… this device is NOT a precision micro scale!
The sensor scan rate (cycle rate) is 10Hz for power save BT mode, and 40Hz for high BT mode. The max. scan rate is 1280Hz, and data save mode 640Hz for USB connection or the onboard memory logging.
Onboard memory logging
The lineScale-3 is equipped with onboard memory to log over 200 million data points. Depending on the selected scan rate, this is sufficient for 25 minutes to 50 hours of log time.
The system will automatically over write the oldest log, which ensures fulltime 100% logging of all load events as long as the lineScale is on and loaded.
Onboard logs can be downloaded via USB.
30kN WLL, about the size of a large hand, 20mm thin, and 520g light.
For highest possible safety, the lineScale unibody is milled from a solid block of high-strength aviation aluminum, which results in 90kN breaking strength. Therefore it’s a breeze to have it PPE rated @ 10kN.
The generous D-Shape chamfered attachment eyes are cross-load proof and will accept almost any conceivable connector such as steel shackles, biners, industrial slings, ropes, webbing and soft-shackles.
Bluetooth connectivity allows you to display & log the load values on your smartphone and set a custom load alarm threshold via the lineScale-App.
LS3 comes with a light, perfectly fitting protective felt pouch, which can also be attached to the rigged lineScale.
– IP65 rain & dust proof design
– 1280Hz max. scan rate for USB and on-board log
– 40Hz max. scan rate for Bluetooth connection
– integrated memory for on-board logging
– 24Bit high precision ADC
– dual strain gauge array
– Bluetooth BLE 5.0 and USB interface
– 3 units selection (kgf, lbf, kN)
– dual mode operation (absolute & relative zero)
– tare function (set current load to 0)
– absolute zero calibration function
– peak display function
– onboard-log function (fully configurable)
– selectable auto off for power-saving
– high tech power management (screen off)
– rechargeable Li-Ion battery
– solid aluminum block construction
– anodized in LineGrip unique & discrete misty-copper-grey color
Please note that the admissible PPE working load is limited to 10kN (9x safety factor). Even though the LS3 is certified according to UIAA 130 LSD (load sharing devices) support of only one person is permissible for PPE application, as with any other PPE gear! The description says it all “Personal Protection Equimpent”.
While the LineScale-3 has an absolute WLL/SWL of 30kN, and an MBS of 90kN, it may not be used over 10kN in any PPE scenarios.
The LineScale-3 is a giant leap forward, not only for LineScale, but for the entire “all-in-one” dynamometers. It is FAST: 1280Hz, SAFE: 10kN PPE rated, and SMART: comes with memory to store logs on-board.
Fast enough to capture dynamic tests, and with PPE certification suitable for professionals in industry, rope access as well as for slackliners and highliners, to check and control their setups tension.
The LineScale-3 specs:
• Massive strengh: 30kN WLL, 90kN (official) MBS, tested to 110kN max. until break
• Unique safety: PPE & UIAA certified to 25kN!
• Compact size: 190x90mm, 20mm thin, and super light: only 520g
• Super speed: max. scan rate of 1280Hz for screen, USB, and onboard logs (640Hz optional)
• Flexible connectivity: Bluetooth BLE 5.0 smart phone app w. 10Hz (power save) and 40Hz (BT fast)
• Unmatched smartness: saves up to 50 hours of logs on-board (230 million data points)
• Optional overwrite of oldest onboard log file for infinite logging until manual stop
• Onboard logs download to USB flash drive (auto upload to stick on plug-in)
• 1280Hz high speed live logging via USB connection & included pro software
• Energy saving, high performance 72MHz Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M3 CPU w. custom designed PCB
• OLED monochrome white graphical display
• Break proof 1.5mm polycarbonate protective screen
• Rechargeable 1600mAh Li-Po battery with up to 50 hours continual operation
• Micro-USB ports for battery charging, PC connection, flash drive log download, and firmware update
• Body milled from one solid block of LY12CZ (high-tensile aviation aluminum)
• Huge cross-load proof attachment eyes w. rounded edges
• IP65 rain & splash water resistant, dust-proof
• Anodized in the LineGrip unique & discrete misty-copper-grey color
• Surface finished with an extra hard, durable, nonreflective satin shot-peen
• Designed with stoke in Germany, manufactured with love in China
• Package Includes: iOS & Android app, Windows pro logging software (still in development), USB cable, firmware-flash adapter, and a grey soft-felt LineScale-Shell
• Measurements outside: 225 x 170 x 50 mm (w. hinges and lock)
• Measurements inside (w/o edge rounding): 212 x 140 x 47 mm
• Material & color: black polyamide (shockproof)
• Weight (empty): 275g
• Protection class: IP65 (dust and water tight)
• padding fits LineScale w. attached Edge-Pro
Electronics: Certified for RF regulations: BQB BLE 4.2/5.0, EN CE ETSI RED, FCC, IC(Canada); FCC ID: 2ADXE-HY-40R204PC
Safety: PPE industry standard RfU EN PPE-R/11.114 V2, UIAA safety label, and CE mark.