The Edelrid Eddy is a very robust rope blocking device, easy-to-operate, semi-automatic, with assisted braking. It serves as a break for the rope, that can be used in rope pulley systems for longline and highline rigs. In contrast to the Grigri of Petzl it has a metal lever, which is more robust and can be used to detension the high forces usually applied in the slackline setup systems.
Besides slacklining, you can also use it to belay (indoor or outdoor) or use it to ascend or descent on ropes while rigging your highline on hard-to-reach places.
- Panic function for additional safety when relieving longlines (device locks automatically if the lever is pulled too far back)
- Large release lever for controlled and even detensioning
- Logical cable guidance and graphic representation of the correct application on the device
- Suitable for rope diameters from 9.0 to 11 mm
- Use up to 10 kN tension of the slackline (with 5: 1 base pulley)
- Weight: 360 g