Y2K | 50m – 100m
The Y2K is a great 1 inch slackline webbing for long lines above 200m length. It is not simply a webbing but a new principle of slackline. Every 50m/100m the Main-Line gets connected with a quicklink to the next Main-Line. Also every 50m/100m the BackUp gets connected to the Main-Line with a quicklink.
Y2K: High-tech Slackline Webbing
The Y2K is a great High-tech slackline webbing for long lines, above 200m length. It is not simply a webbing but a new principle of slackline. Every 50m/100m the Main-Line gets connected with a quicklink to the next Main-Line. Also every 50m/100m the BackUp gets connected to the Main-Line with a quick link. Check below, what advantages this system brings along.
- Material: 50% polyester cover / 50% UHWMPE core (also known as Dyneema)
- Architecture: 3-layer construction with PES fibers protecting the inner Dyneema fibers
- Width: 26mm
- Weight: 33g/m
- Stretch: 1% at 5kN | 2.3% at 15kN
- Main line length: 50m / 100m per piece
- Backup Length: 52.7m / 105.5m per piece
ISA Highline Webbing Strength Class: A (certification pending)
- MBS (Minimum Breaking Strength) Band (Batch 2021): 35.96kN
- MBS intermittent connection loops (Batch 2021): 19.34kN
- MBS sewn loops (Batch 2021): 32.64kN
For more information about Y2K check the article: The history of Y2K – The worlds first segmented highline high-tech webbing
Advantages of Y2K compared to standard Slackline Webbing
- There is a functioning Backup all 50m/100m.
- Main and Backup cannot be untaped in heavy winds – all 50m/100m a connection will remain.
- It is possible to start rigging a line from both anchor points and simply connect it when meeting in the middle.
- If you own e.g. 300m of this webbing but have a 340m-project, you can simply buy another 50m-piece to complete your Set-Up. Also possible to share Set-Ups with friends of course.
- If one part of the line gets damaged, only a 50m/100m part needs to be replaced.
- Easy to distribute the webbing on several backpacks when carrying it up the mountain.
- Much easier line handling if there is e.g. a knot in the middle. Only a 50m/100m piece needs to be disentangled and you don’t have the disaster of e.g. a 500m line with a knot in the middle.
- With this hybrid webbing the longest slackline of history with a length of 3km is just about to be rigged these days.
This high-tech webbing can be bought as a:
- Main-Line (with a sewn loop on each end plus a double-loop on one end to connect the backup-webbing) which is 50m long
- Backup-Line (with a sewn loop on each end) which is 53m long
- Bundle (Main-Line + Backup-Line together)
5 reviews for Y2K | 50m – 100mAdd a review
- Highest ratings
- Lowest ratings
Orders to be shipped to non-European Union countries have a minimum value requirement of 50€.
Shipping & Returns
Check all the shipping and return conditions here. If you need assistance please contact by email to [email protected].
Show only reviews in English (5)