Highline Leash – 320cm | ISA certified
A dynamic Edelrid climbing rope (Hummingbird Pro Dry 9.2mm) is threaded through a 20mm Nylon tubular webbing to create a redundant leash with a tight fit. The webbing has a soft feel to it, which makes it easy to climb after a leashfall and to untie your knot afterwards. The black edges are great for detecting twists in your Highline Leash, so that a whipper does not send you spinning around.
The length of 320cm is perfect to tie a figure-8 knot on your harness and to the leash ring, and still have sufficient length to walk without getting bothered by the leash.
The SLACKTIVITY threaded Highline Leash comes with one green anodized aluminium ring. Every single ring is preload tested to 6kN and is ISA:37 certified as well. It is lightweight, strong, and has a really smooth surface to prevent any damage to your line. Please be aware that highlining can be a dangerous activity if done incorrectly. We recommend you to learn from experts before starting by yourself.
Tip – one vs. two rings
Tape two rings together. Two rings glide more easily over the tapes of your highline rigg. The certified ring can be used individually on a leash but, at the moment, it is common to use two rings together. It is a matter of redundancy but from the safety perspective, with certified rings, not necessary anymore. If you still want to use 2 rings – it is recommended to tape them with electro tape together.
Highline Leash features
- Breaking load Edelrid Hummingbird Pro Dry 9.2 with Figure-8: 17kN
- MBS (minimum breaking load) of the aluminium ring: 39kN (note that the laser printing on the ring shows a lower incorrect number of the MBS)
- 9,2mm Dynamic rope Hummingbird Pro Dry (18% @ 10kN)
- Weight of the leash and ring: 350g
- Weight of the aluminium ring: 51g
- Length of the leash: 340mm
- Threaded with tubular webbing
- Threaded by SLACKTIVITY International
- Hot-forged ring made of aluminium 6061-T6 eloxated in SLACKTIVITY-green
- Outer diameter ring: 80mm
- Inner diameter ring: 60mm
Before using this equipment, you must read and understand all instructions for Use! Check the manual (PDF).